Vegan Wonder

November 29, 2014

    

I would love to live a purely vegan life, perhaps even raw food vegan, but I don't think it'll happen. At least not any time soon. Over the years I've learnt that I'm the kind of person who needs a consistent external environment to commit to certain types of lifestyle changes. Hopefully lots of yoga and meditation can help me change that and become a more "settled" soul, but for now it is what it is. That doesn't stop me from pretending though! In the end it's about what makes me feel good, inside and out. 

In Norway we have a very limited selection of foods for people with any sort of restriction to their diet. Even something so common as lactose and gluten free alternatives are hard to find. A good example is how I've only ever come across one coffee shop that offers soy-milk, and it was located at the airport of one of Norway's largest cities. I hope that over the summer, when I move down south, I'll have more options and it will feel more natural to chose plant over animal. 

Post a Comment