Goal planning: Become a certified yoga instructor

December 23, 2014

This is the continuation of this post where I wrote about my goals and how to reach them

Time:
Next year, when I want to do the teacher training I'll (hopefully) also be studying economics and management. I'm applying to this amazing course where all the lectures are streamed online, so you can choose wether you want to go to class. So I won't be tied down by a job or anything like that, however, I need to make sure I'll be ahead with my work and that the training doesn't clash with any exams.

Funds:
I always find it so hard to spend big money on things, but when I don't they dissapear and I have no idea what I've done with them. So, now I've been putting aside money every month especially for the yoga course. At the moment I have 10 000 NOK saved up, which should be enough to cover the expenses of the course, but I still need another 10 000 for food and boarding, and about 5000 for the flight. Still, there's a plan at work and I'm making actual progress.

Practice:
I can't actually do the course without a basic understanding of yoga theory and practice and also the human anatomy. I'm pretty busy with work and have a little dog that requires a lot of attention and exercise and so yoga has been down prioritized lately. But I'm serious about doing the course so I've made a plan that'll help me get where I need to be. Actually booking the course and paying the deposit will also help.

Yoga plan:
My goal is to do 365 days of yoga, starting on the on the 1. January. It's such a big, almost overwhelming idea but I know it'll be worth it. I have a terrible patience and I'm a bit of a commitaphobe. Not about relationships, but pretty much everything else. I have restless legs syndrome and sitting still or focusing on a single task for a long time, does not come easy to me, which it's exactly why I need to do this. At the end of each month I will post the plan or challenge for the next month. I've found so many amazing challenges on Instagram and I think it's a good idea to stick to those as I share the experience with other people.

Post a Comment