Discovery: Into Mind

December 4, 2014


Just need to tell you quickly about my latest find. Since completing my bachelor and being deported from the US I've been feeling a little stuck in limbo. I've been looking for directions trying to figure out who I am, who I'd like to be, what I'd like to do and where I'd like to live. I'm really feeling the need to settle down, find my own pace, develop good routines and habits and actually have a social life. I want to make new friends and surround myself with them always, to find a job I love, but that challenges me and allows me to build a career and to have the extra energy to live a healthy and active lifestyle in a harmonious way.

The other day I came across this amazing website through Norwegian fashion designer and blogger Maria Van Nguyen. In many ways its a self-help site (with particular focus on developing the perfect wardrobe), but one based on the ideas of minimalism. Through my years of studying design privately and in university I've gone back and forth about my thoughts about minimalism and wether I am a minimalist. Still I'm not sure where I stand in terms of design, but I've come to realize that my mind functions much more clearly and efficiently under minimalistic conditions. I have to tidy, organize and clean my desk before I can even sit down to do any work, I literally feel depressed when my apartment is messy and I can only do yoga or go to the gym if I know there's nothing else I'm should be doing. Lately, for instance, I have had serious trouble prioritizing exercise because I've been redecorating the apartment, and any DIY'ers will tell you, renovating means total commitment.

Anyways! Back to site. I read through most of the contents this morning and was so inspired I immediately drove all of my crap to the recycling center, my brother's stuff to my grandparents' place, and some old clothes to a charity shop. And it felt amazeballs. So check it out here; Into Mind!

Post a Comment